Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Down and Gaining Steam



I usually judge a book by its cover, not in this case. I absolutely love this Gothic horror author Rhiannon Frater. She wrote the wonderful zombie trilogy As the World Dies and I ate them up in large chunks and couldn't believe how fast I read through them. Her use of women in lead and dominant roles it what really got me liking her but the plots and stories lines are solid and enticing.

The Tale of the Vampire Bride is not my usual read as it is a vampire love story. Through most of it I was a bit irritated because I was kinda liking it, ugh, its a love story, ewwwww. I won't get into it too much but it was all in all a good novel. A solid unique story line with a lead woman role that leaves you feeling empowered.

I must also touch on the fact that Rhiannon Frater has been a successful female independent author that self published all her books. She was recently signed to a publisher and I'm extremely happy for her. I want to urge all you readers out there to think outside the bestsellers list and giant publishers and look for those independent self published authors. You never know when you'll find a diamond in the haystack.

No comments:

Post a Comment