Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Book #1- Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin


For my first book, I decided to read one of my first very-favorite chapter books.  I loved The Babysitters Club books.  I probably read about 75 of them.  I read them far after it was cool to read them.  In fact, I remember this kid Clint who rode my bus and said, "What's a sixth grader doing reading Babysitters Club books?  Those are for babies!"  After that, I kept them to myself and enjoyed them for another year or so, at the same time reading more age-appropriate books as well.
So yes, I revisited my childhood and laughed a bit, remembering how cool these characters seemed back then.  I even named my first cat after one of them.  
I have to admit, there were a couple times riding the el (realizing how often I try to sneak a peak at what everyone else is reading) when I decided to put my book away.  Stupid Clint apparently has given me a complex that has lasted well into my twenties.
32 to go, this is fun!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Babtsitters Club was my absolute favorite series growing up! I thought they were soooo much cooler than those Sweet Valley High snobs!
    I think I got up to #50... was it "Mary Anne Misses Logan".. before it was like, ok, too old for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BC! I've been flipping through Fear Street lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Series! I do not know why my mother allowed me to read them but I turned out normal :-)

    ReplyDelete