Monday, September 05, 2011

Book #21 Under the Dome by Stephen King




When I started Under the Dome by Stephen King I had no idea how long it was, as an ebook I didn't really look at the page length. I was a few chapters in when I looked, it was a whopping 1074! I had to know what I was getting into and did something I usually never do... I looked up reviews on a book I was in the middle of. I was surprised and discouraged at the reviews. I take reviews with a grain of salt because I really believe "to each their own". I was even more disheartened when I saw my favorite author was disappointed in the novel, but I stuck with it and got through ALL 1074 pages. 


Yes, it could have used a touch from an editor again but it was a good read and kept me turning the page. I think once you reach a point in your career and have been widely successful, such as Stephen King, you can do whatever you want editor or not. So I support the book and its lengthy prose. 


To each his/her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment