Friday, April 15, 2011

Book #11- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon






Aaagh, I forgot to update after this one, so I'll be updating two at once.  Silly me.

Although I don't personally know anyone with autism or Asberger's Syndrome, I had so many great conversations when I was reading this with people who do.  They told me that they had read this book and that it made them understand their cousin/nephew/peer, etc. so much better. 

I'm so glad I read this because it gave me a completely new perspective on an issue that I was previously very uninformed about.  Props to Mark Haddon for making that possible.  I think it's great when an author can make people become aware and compassionate about topics that aren't discussed often enough.
All in all, a great read.  Funny at parts, sad at others, but great the whole way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment