Monday, March 14, 2011

Lindsay Book #9 The Fall: Book Two of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan




Well, I should start out by saying I read the first book in the trilogy over a year ago. I was drawn to this book because of the hype being that Guillermo Del Toro director of various films such as Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth & Blade 2 is one of the authors. I didn't like the first book it was just not captivating and interesting enough to be a good read. So going into the second one I didn't really remember much of the story line and the first couple chapters I was just stumbling around tripping on plots.

The book is just a bit boring and really drawn out in some parts. It didn't get "good" until almost the end and even then it was not that "good". I hate not recommending a book but I just can't recommend this book, sorry amazing director Guillermo Del Toro.

The upside for the book is that it has four stars on Amazon so I guess I was just missing something. Or I'm just an apocalypse snob that doesn't love everything celeb do, write or say. 

Here is my tip for you.....don't believe all the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment