Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book #6 "John Dies at the End" by David Wong



So this book was just a random pick from the Borders near my train line. "John Dies at the End" by David Wong is the weirdest book I've ever read, and that is saying alot coming from someone that reads zombie novels and weird books in general. The book is 480 pages of poop, penis jokes, meat monsters, wig-wearing scorpion aberrations and much much more. So odd, but I liked it.

The author had an amazing story just getting the book published and that is why I choose it. He was working 70 hours a week doing data entry with no English degree or any such writing experience. Wong's story was just a blog and people just fell in love with it and from there he got a book deal. Soon after the book was released de Don Coscarelli, director, Phantasm I–V and Bubba Ho-Tep bought the film rights.

I'm really enjoying this experience and it has had a very positive impact on my life. I guess reading can make you happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment