Saturday, February 12, 2011

Book #6- "How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents" by Julia Alvarez


My sixth book was fantastic, through and through.  It's a breath of fresh air to read a book by a female author who uses complete, brutal honesty in her writing.  There were countless times reading that I couldn't stop laughing.  Because I grew up in a family full of boys, it is usually pretty hard for me to relate to anything pertaining to the special bond that sisters share, but this was written so candidly, that it was just so raw, so human, that anyone could relate.  I think males and females alike would like this one, and I think I'll read another of her books this year!
Whoa, Lindsay and I are on a roll!  Six books already!  I feel like I'm getting better at reading in general.  Sounds weird, but it really seems that way.  After every book, I can't wait to read the next.
Something that gets me excited about reading is making a list of books that I've always wanted to read, or have been meaning to, or something that a friend has suggested.  (This especially works when you're trying to get through an especially difficult read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment